What we do
Who we are
Northside Community Service is a profit-for-purpose community organisation supporting children, families and communities in Canberra and beyond since 1976. With a proud history of over 40 years, we’re a progressive and modern community organisation that embraces diversity, social justice and advocacy.
We are determined to make a meaningful difference in the communities we serve and are resolute in our commitment to service excellence and responsible stewardship of the resources entrusted to us by governments, partners and communities.
Why we exist
Northside supports people of all ages to live the lives they choose as members of socially just and connected communities.
What we stand for
Northside is guided by a commitment to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This means embedding the following principles in everything we do, our approach, and the outcomes we aim to achieve.
- Upholding human rights for all
- Social justice and equity
- Respect for diversity and lived experience
- High standards of service and professionalism
- Active participation and voice for children, young people and adults
- Recognition, healing and justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Climate justice and environmental sustainability
What we do
We provide a range of services and programs in the ACT and beyond. Our strategic focus in the coming years will be:
- Early childhood education
- In-home aged care services
- Affordable housing and related support for individuals and families who are at high risk.
More broadly we work to improve people’s lives and strengthen communities through:
- Making our community centres hubs for community participation and connection.
- Advocating for systemic change at all levels.
- Enabling workforce development and recognition in the service areas in which we work.